Coronavirus - how you are kept safe at Balmer Lawn Hotel
- Upon arrival you will notice that our reception team won't be as front facing as usual but they are still here to help you and answer any questions you may have.
- The usual arrival procedures will be completed prior to your check in at the hotel. Upon arrival we will be implementing temperature checks for all guests.
- They will present all guests with an envelope containing your sanitised key cards and important information for your stay.
- They regret that they won't be able to assist you with your luggage and will not be able to store any luggage at the end of your stay.
- Reception team will be taking bookings for breakfast times and the use of leisure facilities.
- They will not be handling any cash until earliest 1st September 2020.
- During your stay they will encourage you to contact reception with your bedroom telephone should you need anything.
- When it is time to leave a copy of your bill will be placed under your door on the morning of check out.
- All payments will be completed remotely and if we run into any problems, they will give you a call in your room.
Food and Beverage
- They will be observing strict limits to how many guests they can serve every 15 minutes. Please bear with them as they adjust to these new working practices and any delays that may come as a result.
- As a team they still want to offer the usual high standards and therefore they will operate table service and service stations.
- Having a food collection point gives you the freedom to choose if you would like to collect your food yourself.
- They will not be handling any cash until earliest 1st September 2020. Upon arrival we will be implementing temperature checks for all guests whether you have booked or just decided spur of the moment to join us for a cocktail on the terrace!
- They will be taking contact details from the lead booker just in case we need to contact you at a later date or through the COVID-19 tracing app.
- All of the menus will be either single use paper copies or laminated and sanitised each time they are handled.
- As part of the new procedures we can supply disposable cutlery upon request.
- They have withdrawn our £5 room service tray charge if you wish to dine in. Any room service that is ordered will be left outside of your room and will no longer be brought in, once you have finished just leave the tray outside of your room and we will collect.
- A maximum of 24 people will be allowed to use our leisure facilities at any time (max 12 to use the outdoor pool, max of 12 for the indoor pool and gym).
- It will be necessary to book a time to use the leisure facilities, there is a maximum of 50 minutes in each session and this is so we have adequate time to clean after.
- You will be given a coloured wristband to wear during your session when using our pools, upon request by management these must be shown if asked.
- We would ask that social distancing is still adhered to in the changing rooms, but would recommend if you are a guest in our hotel that you change in your bedroom.
- There will be a sanitising station situated in the indoor pool to be used.
- We request each guest using the gym area cleans the equipment before and after use with anti- bac wipes provided.
- Please leave your used towels in the marked bin and return your key card to reception. Saltus Spa will re-open on a Thursday – Sunday basis, both bookings and walk in resident appointments will be available.
- They have added to our already rigorous cleaning regime around the hotel to make sure you feel as safe as possible.
- We regret to inform you this may impact on the service you receive as we try to complete cleaning and sanitising over 100 common touch points every hour on the hour. Nevertheless, we hope you agree with us that this is for the best and overall safety of both our team and guests.
- We are currently not offering any turn down services or linen changes during your stay. However, you will be able to phone down to reception to ask for any extra amenities you need during your stay and these will be placed outside of your room for you to collect at your convenience.
- Our housekeeping team will be wearing the correct PPE of face masks, gloves and aprons throughout their working day.
- With additional sanitiser stations added into our communal toilets and a clean scheduled for every hour, our communal toilets will stay open to guests dining or drinking with us. It is advised that if you are a guest staying at the hotel to use your own bathroom facilities.
- Our team will be making sure they follow social distancing measures at all times and we would be very grateful for all guests to also participate.
- Our team will always walk on the left-hand side of corridors, we do ask if you see a member of the team trying to get through please do make way for them. In the rare occurrence our fire alarm was to sound please do evacuate safely. The fire assembly point is out the front of the hotel on the cricket pitch. This means that social distancing can still be adhered to.
- We have updated the signage around our carpark, we will now have specific areas in which all of our guests can park whether or not you are staying or you are just visiting us for a drink on the terrace. Please do take note of this upon your arrival as this will mean there is adequate parking for everyone.
- The team will be wearing the appropriate PPE to do their job, please note this is for the safety of both you and us.
- Our whole team will be signed up to the COVID-19 tracing app for peace of mind and we insist that you do the same incase contact needs to be made. Our lift is currently restricted to 1 at a time unless you are from the same household where a maximum of 4 will be allowed.
- Please note that all guests will be required as per government guidelines to wear face coverings in all communal areas, this includes our dining room and lounges expect for when you are eating.