Coronavirus - how you are kept safe at Headlam Hall
- You will find hand sanitiser at the main entrance and in all public rooms around the property. We encourage our guests to use these liberally as hand to surface contact is deemed one of the primary risks.
- PPE – In general we are not asking our front house staff to wear masks or visors, however, should a member of staff wish to do so then we will support their wishes. We are not permitting use of plastic gloves for service as we believe there are risks with this and regular use of hand sanitiser is better.
- At reception you will find a Perspex screen on part of the desk. We aim to minimise time spent at the desk during check-in and check-out. Keys and fobs will be sanitised before handing over.
- Porterage will generally not be offered to avoid unnecessary contact, however, if you require assistance with your bags then this can be provided on request with appropriate measures taken.
- Bedrooms will be prepared to our usual high standards. Upon completion a dedicated person will then sanitise all surfaces and touch points such as light switches, TV remotes, telephones, handles/knobs etc.
- To facilitate the additional cleaning measures in bedrooms we will be amending our earliest check-in time to 4pm.
- We have taken the decision to temporarily reduce the choice of items on hospitality trays and everything will be changed between guests, even if unopened. Water glasses will be replaced with disposable plastic cups.
- General magazines have also been temporarily removed along with throws and scatter cushions on the bed.
- Our housekeeping team will not be visiting your room during your stay so it is exclusively your space from check-in until check-out. There will be a suitable stock of towels according to the length of your stay and should a request be made then a housekeeper will service your room taking appropriate measures.
Bar & Lounges
- As with bedrooms we have removed general papers and magazines for the timebeing so we encourage guests to bring their own reading material. Books will still be on the shelves so we ask guests to use hand sanitiser accordingly when handling these.
- We have Perspex screens at the bar for when you order drinks or alternatively table service is available.
- Tables will be suitably spaced out and we ask guest not to move tables and chairs without first consulting with the duty manager. We are strictly enforcing the 'rule of six' both inside and outside. 4. A member of staff will constantly be monitoring cleanliness in public areas and wiping down commonly touched surfaces such as door handles, counter tops, etc.
- Toilets are as normal but will again be subject to extra cleaning and residents are encouraged to use the facilities in their room if convenient.
- Dinner and lunch are strictly by prior booking only and we kindly ask all guests to adhere closely to their reserved time to help avoid any unnecessary congestion.
- Tables will be well spaced in the dining rooms and careful attention will be made when setting them with use of sanitiser spray and sterilisation.
- The menu and wine list that you receive will only be used once every 72 hours.
- Your food will be plated at the pass in the kitchen and then covered with a metal plate cover to be carried to your table where it will be served at arm's length. Wine and water will be placed on the table for self-service to assist in social distancing.
- Our staff will be sanitising their hands at the restaurant entrance between serving tables and on entering and exiting.
- To avoid congestion at breakfast we will be asking guests to pre-order and reserve a time as you would with dinner. To offer more flexibility we are extending breakfast service to run from 7am – 11am (8am-11am weekends) whilst this measure is in place.
- Lunch service will be available from 12.30pm – 2pm (3pm Sundays).
- For obvious reasons we are discouraging the use of cash. During your stay you can charge extras to your account or pay by card as you go.
- The course is available for residents to play but a tee-reservation must be made in advance. This can be done through the main hotel reception in person or via email. There are some special rules of play in operation which can be viewed on our website or on the signage at the 1st tee. Charges for golf are as per the usual tariff.
- To comply with Government guidance and provide a facility that is as safe as possible for its users we have had to make some temporary changes to the spa operation for hotel residents and spa members.
- Spa Opening Hours: 8am – 7pm daily Brasserie Opening Hours: 10am-4pm daily
- Hotel Residents • As a resident you will be able to book a one-hour slot (starting on the hour or halfhour) in the spa wet area or gym between 8am-7pm. This can be done by contacting the spa reception in advance. Initially we are only allowing residents to book for a one hour duration in the spa wet area but should the following hour have space available when you check-in at the spa reception then you can extend this to two hours on request.
- The wet area of the spa is limited to 8 people in any one-hour period with a maximum of 6 people in the swimming pool and a maximum of 2 people (4 if from the same 'bubble') in the outdoor hydrotherapy pool at any one time.
- The indoor and outdoor loungers will be available to use assuming social distancing is maintained between people who are not together.
- Ideally you should change into your swimming costume and robe in your bedroom to avoid using the changing rooms. A towel is provided when you arrive at spa reception to sign in. If you do need to use the changing rooms, for example when you are using the spa before check-in, then we ask that a mask is worn in this area.
- Children (under 16) can swim between 8am-9am and 4pm-5.30pm but must be accompanied by a swimming adult. • Cold drinks will be available to order poolside as normal.
- Certain packages/rates exclude spa use so a supplement may need to be charged.
- The sauna or steam room will remain closed until it is possible to open them in a safe manner.
- An extensive selection of spa treatments is available to book between 10am-7pm daily. Please note that therapists will be wearing face masks and may request you to do the same for some of the treatments on offer.
- We may have to change the operational aspects of the spa with limited notice if Government regulations are altered in the current unpredictable situation.