Facilities at Headlam Hall
This superb 17th century Jacobean mansion stands in beautiful walled gardens surrounded by its own spa, golf course and rolling farmland. The picturesque hamlet of Headlam is located in a quiet corner of Teesdale offering rural peace and seclusion, delightful walking and cycling routes as well as good accessibility to the regions main attractions.
There are 40 individual bedrooms combining traditional and contemporary design to offer both comfortable and luxurious accommodation. The restaurant serves the highest standards of freshly prepared modern British cuisine in relaxed and charming surroundings and the Brasserie offers informal food and drink in a contemporary setting overlooking the golf course. The hotel also has excellent conference and banqueting facilities with an emphasis on individual and friendly service.
Residents can enjoy the stunning new Headlam Spa which includes a swimming pool, outdoor hydrotherapy pool, thermal zone and fully equipped gym. There are five luxurious treatment rooms where an extensive range of spa treatments can be enjoyed. The 9 hole golf course is both picturesque and challenging and includes a PGA Pro shop and ten bay driving range.
- The weekends are very popular at this fine hotel. For best availability and offers book midweek if possible.
- If staying at weekends and intending to use the spa, the pre-booking of treatments prior to arrival is recommended.
Good to know
- Hotel check-in time: 3:00 PM
- Hotel check-out time: 11:00 AM
Ample free parking on site
The hotel has a lift in the Spa building, not in the main Hotel.
The Mews rooms are on ground floor
One Mews room is disabled adapted, with wet room, grab rails and on ground floor
Children welcome. Extra child (under 16) in family room add £30 per night on a bed and breakfast basis. Children under 4 no charge.
No children under 5 in restaurant after 7pm unless a private dining room has been booked.
Children under 16 are welcome to use the pool in the spa between 8am-9am & 4pm-5.30pm Mon-Fri, 8am-10am & 4pm-5.30pm Sat & Sun.
Well behaved dogs welcome to stay in Mews Bedrooms but not permitted in public rooms except the Brasserie (open 9-5).
There is no charge for dogs to stay.
The Rooms at Headlam Hall
Spacious and beautifully appointed enjoying views over gardens/countryside. The bathrooms offer attractive up-to-date tiling and fittings with either power showers or electric showers over baths. Some rooms have four-poster beds and all have either rural or garden views. They all have flat screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, ironing centres, bath robes, tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary mineral water.
- To comply with Government guidance and provide a facility that is as safe as possible for its users we have had to make some temporary changes to the spa operation for hotel residents and spa members.
- Spa Opening Hours: 8am – 7pm daily Brasserie Opening Hours: 10am-4pm daily
- Hotel Residents • As a resident you will be able to book a one-hour slot (starting on the hour or half hour) in the spa wet area or gym between 8am-7pm. This can be done by contacting the spa reception in advance. Initially we are only allowing residents to book for a one hour duration in the spa wet area but should the following hour have space available when you check-in at the spa reception then you can extend this to two hours on request.
- The wet area of the spa is limited to 8 people in any one-hour period with a maximum of 6 people in the swimming pool and a maximum of 2 people (4 if from the same ‘bubble') in the outdoor hydrotherapy pool at any one time.
- The indoor and outdoor loungers will be available to use assuming social distancing is maintained between people who are not together.
- Ideally you should change into your swimming costume and robe in your bedroom to avoid using the changing rooms. A towel is provided when you arrive at spa reception to sign in. If you do need to use the changing rooms, for example when you are using the spa before check-in, then we ask that a mask is worn in this area.
- Children (under 16) can swim between 8am-9am and 4pm-5.30pm but must be accompanied by a swimming adult. • Cold drinks will be available to order poolside as normal.
- Certain packages/rates exclude spa use so a supplement may need to be charged.
- The sauna or steam room will remain closed until it is possible to open them in a safe manner.
- An extensive selection of spa treatments is available to book between 10am-7pm daily. Please note that therapists will be wearing face masks and may request you to do the same for some of the treatments on offer.
- We may have to change the operational aspects of the spa with limited notice if Government regulations are altered in the current unpredictable situation.
Designed to the highest standards for its members, hotel residents and day spa guests, Headlam Spa is a place to relax, exercise and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of water in a comfortable and friendly environment that reflects the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
A 14m x 6m deck level swimming pool heated to 27-29 degrees C with side access steps, water jet feature and a constant depth of 1.2m.
Outdoor Hydrotherapy Pool
A mosaic tiled spa pool heated to 37 degrees C with a combination of water and air jets offering relaxing and therapeutic water massage.
A 3m x 2m cabin made from Swedish pine with temperatures between 80-90 degrees C giving a hot, dry environment with low humidity. An excellent means of eliminating toxins from the body through perspiration leaving muscles and skin feeling relaxed and cleansed.
A stunning 3m x 2m cabin with beautiful dark blue mosaic tiles and fibre optic lighting to give a highly atmospheric feel. Heated between 43-46 degrees C with 100% humidity, the steam room aides circulation and relaxation of tense muscles. The steam is also infused with herb extracts to give a pleasant and cleansing aroma.
A relaxing area with a feature stone fireplace, luxurious and comfortable furnishings including sofas and easy chairs and a juice bar serving fresh fruit juice, coffee, teas and snacks.
A superb 70 square metre air-conditioned room with the latest equipment from Technogym. There are 7 pieces of cardiovascular equipment, all with personal TVs and 8 pieces of strength equipment. There is also a studio with sprung beech floor for fitness classes.
A stylish bar area serving informal food and drinks with fantastic views over the golf course and countryside.
There are 5 beautifully appointed treatment rooms at Headlam Spa including a double room so you can enjoy a treatment with your partner or a friend.